Monday, January 23, 2006

Resting on the Promises of Christ

"Jesus! What a friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Hallelujah! What a friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

Jesus! What a strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my strength, my victory wins.

Jesus! What a help in sorrow!
While the billows o’er me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my comfort, helps my soul.

Jesus! I do now receive Him,
More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am His, and He is mine."
-Jesus! What a Friend for Sinners.


God is so incredible! He is so merciful and sends so many hidden blessings to me each day. He is (as my friend Angie said recently) the greatest distraction of my life! He interrupts me when I am sleeping, doing homework, in class, at work, walking around campus, even when I am just sitting still. What an incredible Savior! What an incredible Lover! In the midst of my weaknesses and failings it is wonderfully reassuring to remember His promises and fall into His sure and ready embrace. I'm glad God has taken my life and shaken it up and is continually making it new. It's exciting...even if it is also terrifying.

No comments: