Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sugar Intolerance

I went for a walk with Erin through Old Town today. We got free Cold Stone ice cream. Tuesday's are "buy one kid's scoop, get one free" and the register was funky so the guy just said "it's on us!" We were pleased. We walked in the 70 degree sunshiny goodness and sat at a patio table for a while and talked. It was glorious.

Yesterday on the way back from PCM Mariah and I had the BEST time discovering fun places...We went into the mexican produce shop again on a mission for mangos (neither of us had had any since Africa). We found them. 2 for 99 cents and they are SO GOOD. They were also selling cartons of strawberries for $1.50. Can I just say that I love spring?

Also, we found the most incredible little mexican bakery. The smell was incredible, everything looked incredible, and we walked out with about 5 different things all for $3!! Talk about amazing. The neighborhood is crazy. Hispanic, Indian, Middle-Eastern/Arabic, Korean. Seriously. There is a Seoul Pharmacy next to Paco's Taco (or something like that). You get the picture. It is so mixed. Ranchero music blaring for one minute and then three old men sitting on the corner laughing and speaking arabic. I love it. I love having pcm out there...i love all the people and places to discover.

In other news, I have a paper to write that i haven't started. I should probably go do that...
I'm awfully tired. I would love to just go to sleep right now...

I have a headache. I am starting to see patterns...they are related to coffee and/or sugar (more to sugar, though). I get them when I have sugar. I got one after the ice cream... Hmmm. I think I'm going to try to cut all extra sugar out of my diet for a week and see what happens.
I'm still on my herbal stuff for the parasites. So far so good, I'm feeling rather back to normal. But dad is going to buy the "stronger" stuff in mexico since you can buy it over the counter...here I'd have to pay for th doctor consultation/prescription, etc., and its not worth it, since we already know what it is and what we need.

Ok. That's all for now.
Hope you all are more motivated than I am to finish strong. I have to give myself a pep-talk all the time every day. haha. bad.

No comments: