Sunday, June 20, 2010

the travel itch

i want to take a trip. i mean really take a trip. i'd like to tour America's heartland, stopping at local B&B's and no-name hotels with small diners attached. I want to explore the east coast--tour lighthouses, walk along undisturbed beaches, dig for clams. I want to explore the west coast--drive up highway one, camp on the beach, admire the redwood forests. i want to meet the people that make the character of these places and enjoy the natural beauty that defines these different parts of the country. i want to experience the difference in culture--food, dress, lifestyle. i want to pack a cooler full of food and throw a tent in the back of my car and go...


3 comments:

the McGee family said...

I'll join you. I am sure Jay won't mind watching the kids for a few weeks.

Andrea said...

deal. SISTER ROAD TRIP!! wahooo!!!! i miss you a whole lot. can't wait to see you in a month.

the McGee family said...

ditto.