Thursday, March 03, 2011

drive on

Roadtrip this weekend. I am so looking forward to our roommate trip down south (to Kentucky). Getting out of the city and the coming back provides a certain kind of "fresh start" for me. PLUS, I'm hoping that Spring will be in swing when we come back. It's started, that's for sure. More melting/thawing and less snowing/freezing--always a good sign.

I still don't know what to do for Lent this year. Sigh. Hmmm. Maybe I'll have time to think on it this weekend. Oh! I got Madeline L'Engle's book A Wrinkle in Time on tape for our journey!! I read it when I was young, loved it, but haven't read it since. I'm super excited :) :)

I'm almost finished with East of Eden. I'll have thoughts to post once I'm all done (about 50 more pages). Man, this book is good. I've been glad to have a novel to work through.

In other news...
Melissa is taking me to see the Civil Wars in April. She won tickets. Woohoo. So exciting...
I've been really wanting to travel again. What's new, i know, but i mean really...like spend some time overseas somewhere involved in a project or working in a community. Such thoughts never truly leave me they just sort of "cycle through" as I consider all that I could do with and in life. There are many possibilities. This is a weird part of life still. I don't quite feel like I've "started" (but I have)...interesting. whatever. I'm going to go make breakfast burritos...

2 comments:

Erin said...

mm breakfast burritos :)
and more comments, but mostly the burritos.

Hallie said...

I know this isn't the kind of travel you were describing but...you can come visit me!