Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Night At Home

It has been a wonderful Mother's Day. Jay and Kristen came over after Church and we all made lunch for mom. Kristen made Indian fry bread (YUM!!) and we had Navajo tacos. Oh my...I have missed these kinds of meals :) Then mom opened her presents (a therma-ret pillow and swiss army knife for camping). They all went up to the neighbor's to swim and I stayed home and wrote letters. It was so wonderful to catch up on things. I have been spending most of my time at home so far, which has been really nice. I have finished deep cleaning my room--getting rid of old stuff and moving new stuff in. It feels so good to start fresh at home.

I am still job searching. I picked up a bunch of applications on Sat. for health food stores. Tomorrow I am going to drop them all off and perhaps talk with a manager or two (wish me luck!...and please pray that it will go well!!). I hate doing stuff like this. Grrr...I hope I find a job soon.

Tomorrow Kristen and I are also hanging out. We're going to run a few errands and go thrift store shopping (woohoo!!). Perhaps we'll make it to the Unicef store :)

Wednesday I am having dinner with Sarah (can't wait). I don't have anything else planned this week. I babysit on Sunday (a nice bit of money while I am out of a job). I really miss the health food store. Sad...I wish I could have brought it with me and worked at it here. Alas...

I am going to start into my reading. I can't wait. I am beginning Henri Nouwen's "The Return of the Prodigal Son" and so far (though I have read very little) it is good. I am also planning on reading Flannery O'Conner's "The Violent Bear it Away" along with more T.S. Eliot poetry and a few other books. I'll keep you posted on my reading progress :) Perhaps one of these days I will post a recommended reading list, for those of you that need ideas :)

I hope the beginning of summer finds you all well! I pray it is a time of good thinking and lots of growth...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's been a wonderful time at home so far! I'm so glad.

Andrea said...

:) It has been nice. I can't wait for you to come home, either, allie! Let's hang out!! :)