Thursday, August 07, 2008

where the air smells like pine needles

Mmmm. getting out of tucson and spending a night up in the cool, pine forests was wonderful. just got back from prescott. wow. I am so blessed to have been able to go. It was such a privilege and encouragement to catch up with old friends, see familiar faces, remember distant memories with people that are like family to me. and now we're all so much older...life is so interesting. So so interesting.

one of my favorite things: journaling in the crisp mornings while everyone was off busy in "sessions" and whatnot. also: reading and feeling God begin to change me and reveal some of His recent work...like a sneak peak, even though so much still seems hidden and beyond articulation. Seriously, life feels kind of strange and overwhelming right now. I think i'm getting used to the "weirdness." haha. sigh...

I've been thinking a lot about the monastic lifestyle and meditation...there's a hunger in me to "live simple" and I am asking God to teach me what this means. I want to spend some serious time learning, living, and loving the "simple Gospel"--stripping away a lot that I've wrapped around the message, the call, whatever you want to call it. Down to the basics. this is going to be an interesting semester. I really don't know what to expect.

No comments: