Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Before the Throne

This song has so much in it that I have been thinking about lately. It encompasses my life at the moment...well, at every moment but especially right now. I've just been so blessed by these truths...they have been an encouragement and hope to me. I hope they are to you :)

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea
A great High Priest whose name is love
Who ever lives and pleads for me
My name is graven on His hands
My name is written on His heart
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart
No tongue can bid me thence depart

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me

Behold Him there! The risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless, Righteousness
The Great unchangeable I AM
The King of Glory and of Grace
One with Himself I cannot die
My soul is purchased by His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God
With Christ my Savior and my God


I know I have been "too exhausted to update" and its true...but I will try to post soon. I'll just give a real brief "update". I'm learning to glory in God and revel in His majesty. It's a beautiful, overwhelming place to be. I have had a full few weeks...rich, actually. Very rough but very rich. I have been very quieted by events in my life and have spent lots of time in the Word and in prayer. It is such a neat time of refocusing my life and thoughts. It is so wonderful to focus on God in His glory and on others and not on myself. I am praying very specifically for many of you. I will try to write letters soon...I love you!

No comments: