Thursday, June 01, 2006

"Be still and know that I AM God..."

"Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change, He faithful will remain. Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend Through thorny waysleads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertakeTo guide the future, as He has the past. Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; All now mysterious shall be bright at last.

Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know His voiceWho ruled them while He dwelt below. Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart, And all is darkened in the vale of tears,Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart, Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.

Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay From His own fullness all He takes away. Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on When we shall be forever with the Lord. When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored. Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past, All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

Be still, my soul: begin the song of praise On earth, believing, to thy Lord on high; Acknowledge Himin all thy works and ways,So shall He view thee with a well-pleased eye.Be still, my soul: the Sun of life divine Through passing clouds shall but more brightly shine."

What a wonderful hymn!!
--------------------------------------
Confronting things in yourself is often so very difficult...especially when it is something you don't really want to change (or can't...on your own). I would appreciate your prayers. I'm making some tough realizations about my life, my actions, etc. It's kind of painful...good, but painful.

I miss you, Hillsdale friends! But I am also very happy to be spending time with you, Tucson friends :) God is good...and He's teaching me lots. It is just a little overwhelming at times.

Also...I have been listening to my "Andrea's leaving and we all feel rotten" mix, my "roadtrip" mix, and my " roommate" mix a lot...they bring back SO many memories...and make me miss so many people I love. Sigh. I took a nap today while listening to the roommate mix. I miss you, Hallie!

I love you, friends!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss YOU. My new favorite song is Jessie's Girl and I can't wait to come to Arizona and drive somewhere and listen to it REALLY loudly.
I will pray for you, dear friend. I can't wait to talk.