Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I Couldn't Have Said it Better

My friend Leslie posted recently about Love...its steadfastness and its foundation in the hope of Christ's love. This is something I have been learning (struggling with) so much right now. She's very good with words so I'm just going to quote her post :)

"one of the hardest lesson about love is its selflessness. many times love is bright because our input births favorable output; there is a sense of satisfaction when we know our love is cherished by another person.

then there is steadfast love. a love worth giving even if it may never be received or acknowledged by the ones we lavish it upon. a love poured out even if we may never gain.

why should we have steadfast love?

because the Lord is faithful.

therefore we have hope in Him.

i stand IN that hope."

Sometimes its REALLY hard to love people. Sometimes it hurts...a lot. I stand in the hope that the Lord IS faithful and He IS love...Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: