Monday, October 16, 2006

Getting Sick...AGAIN

ugh. I have an awful swollen, lumpy feeling developing in my throat. Not good. Why am I getting sick AGAIN? I don't usually get sick this often. Weird. I worked almost 40 hrs. this week...they're short staffed again so I had to work longer and/or extra shifts. Same goes for the upcoming week. This girl they just hired put in her two weeks after being there one. She and her fiance moved to Idaho today. Crazy! So all this week we're filling her shifts. And for the past two weeks the baggers have decided not to show up. It's really great...about 4-6 call in or don't come. So we're ridiculously short and it makes for a high-stress, grumpy environment. yuck.

the Prestige comes out friday. Can I just say that I am SO excited. I do have friday off (yay!) but I'm babysitting from 12-7...and by that times movies are ridiculously expensive. So we'll see. I probably won't see it for a while.

Oh. good news. I think they're actually going to let me have this upcoming sunday OFF. whew. Which means I might finally be able to go on that long awaited hike with Hannah and Grant. That would be exciting. It's perfect hiking weather right now. Low to mid 70's. I LOVE this time of year here.

Also. funny story. So...there's this bagger I like a whole lot named Eddie. He's super fun. Ann Marie (my manager) entered him in this Tucson district "bag-off" (I know, its true) last Saturday. HE WON! He got (among other things) a new dvd player, ipod, and lots of gift certificates. Crazy. Now he goes to Phoenix for the State bag-off. I hope he wins. I don't know what the prize is. Maybe a car. Maybe a house! I kid. anyhow, I thought it was a cool story. I got to make posters for our story congratulating him. It was fun. Yay for Eddie.

Ok. I need to go eat and go to work. I hope you all are enjoying your fall breaks or whatever it is you are doing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANDREA. I have that sick feeling in my throat TOO.

And that story about the bagger is so cute.

Andrea said...

We're sick together! That's exciting. I wish we were together in person, though. I sure do miss you a lot tonight. Sigh...Let's talk soon.