Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hallie is Gone...

We drove up to Phoenix this morning and I dropped her off at the airport. It was sad. But such a wonderful visit. I LOVED having her here. It was just so normal and natural to be living together again! It felt good....I miss having her so close to talk to and share thoughts with. It's different talking on the phone. Still good, just different. It is nice spending time in person. We had so many wonderful talks and did so many things! I am rather exhausted.
------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a song I've been thinking about today. With all this driving I've been doing I have been able to listen to lots of good music :) I've been listening to quite a bit of Caedmon's Call lately. It's nice. I like them lots. There old stuff at least....Anyhow, this song is so wonderful....and thought-provoking.

There's tarnish on the golden rule
And I wanna jump from this ship of fools
Show me a place where hope is young
And a people who aren't afraid to love

This world has nothing for me and this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that I need

This world is making me drunk on the spirits of fear.
So when he says who will go, I am nowhere near.

And the least of these look like criminals to me
So I leave Christ on the street

This world has held my hand and has led me into intolerance
But now I'm waking up, but now I'm breaking up
But now I'm making up for lost time

I have been struggling a lot lately with the prospect of this fall. I have been having a very bad attitude--frustrated, hurt, upset--all very selfish. I need to spend time re-focusing and in prayer. I don't want to waste time. I want to seek the Lord's council and search His will. Sometimes I am afraid to see what it might be--to see WHAT He has in store for me. I know this is going to be a semester full of challenges...and growth. I want to take a few days here to think about what God is teaching me and where He might be leading me...how He might use this semester for me to apply things He has taught me recently, so that I might stand more firmly in the truths He is revealing to me. Who knows, but its a thought. I believe He is asking me to be patient and silent right now. It is SO HARD. ugh. sooo hard.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate your encouragement and dedication. Please pray I would be receptive AND obedient to all God reveals to me. I want to listen AND do, not just one or the other. Thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh crud you were right.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful for our times together even though they'll be fewer and far between-er. I miss you. There just aren't words to describe it.

Andrea said...

Yes, I was right ;)

i am so thankful for our time, too, hallie! I love you a lot and miss you so much already. It kinda hurts deep inside. I agree, there aren't words to describe it. But God holds the future and I look forward to next time we're together!