Wednesday, December 20, 2006

"I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or the does of the field, that you not stir up or awaken love until it pleases." Song of Solomon 2:7

"She shall pursue her lovers but not overtake them, and she shall seek them but shall not find them. Then she shall say, 'I will go and return to my first husband, for it was better for me then than now.'" Hosea 2:7


"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. And there I will give her vineyards and make the Valley of Achor a door of hope, And there she shall answer as in the days of her youth, as at the time when she came out of the land of Egypt." Hosea 2:14,15

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5:15-17

"For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.Therefore, whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you." 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8

I've been very convicted about a lot of things lately...mainly, how we are called to act as believers, especially in regards to each other as male and female. Christ calls me to be holy; the Father's will is my sanctification (a PURE self). What does this mean? And because He wills it for EACH of His children, how must it change the way I live towards people?

I don't really know what to do about some of my thoughts. For now the answer is "...pray without ceasing..." that I might act in obedience, according to His will.

Lord, make me weak so I will know the strength of you, who are strong!

"Every one of us lives only to journey further and further into the mountains." Lewis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Lewis quote really resonates with me and makes me think of The Great Divorce. Is that what it's from? Also, I'm finishing reading Hosea...it's a hard book.

I love you and it was good to talk. I can't wait to see you again.

Andrea said...

yes, it is from the great divorce. Hosea is hard. really hard. but good.

I love you.

M. Perkins said...

Convicting.