Friday, June 18, 2004

Satisfied in the Word

"Don't follow the example of those you left in the world, nor those you find in the church. Rather, the Law of God, found in His Word, shall be my standard, and as I see it, there are few examples of this sort of living anywhere." Jim Elliot (Shadow of the Almighty)

I have been quieted to consider the heavy importance of time spent in God's Word. Too often we believe it must be an enlightening experience. We dig and search for meaning rather than let Scripture reveal itself to us. Do not waste your life waiting for pleasant impulses to draw you to the Lord. Rather, redeem the time and embrace the journey you are on.

"How lost, alas, a life lived in any other light!"
Jim Elliot

"Too many devious paths lead down the land
And I shall need in that strange, vast unknown,
Thy hand upon my hand."
Jim Elliot

No comments: