Friday, December 31, 2004

I Am Nothing Without You

I have been struggling a lot with certain situations, relationships, etc. And feel completely broken and incapable of doing anything for anyone (including myself) that is of any good....I am lead to the grace of God. I begin to realize all my failings and am overwhelmed by my weakness. In that same instant, however, I am struck and immediately captured by the power of Christ and His great sufficiency. He is my strength. He is my song.

Nothing Without You (by Bebo Norman)
"Take these hands and lift them up
For I have not the strength to praise you near enough
I have nothing, I have nothing without you
And take my voice and pour it out
Let it sing the songs of mercy I have found
For I have nothing, I have nothing without you
All my soul needs
Is all your love to cover me
So all the world will see
That I have nothing without you
Take my body and build it up
May it be broken as an offering of love
For I have nothing, I have nothing without you
But I love you
With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
And all the strength that I can find
Take my time here on this earth
And let it glorify all that you are worth
For I am nothing, I am nothing without you"

May I glorify You for all that You are worth!

Psalm 5

Pray that God would show us His severe mercy--though it be a frightening thing to wish for.

No comments: