Monday, January 17, 2005

Asleep in God's Will

I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY...

"No one warns young people to follow Adam's example. He waited till God saw his need. Then God made Adam sleep, prepared for his mate, and brought her to him...we need more of this "being asleep" in the will of God...I must go on, asleep until God sees my need of Eve--if such a need ever arises." -Jim Elliot (Shadow of the Almighty)

...It is easy to get caught up in the emotion and desire for love and the intimacy of finding a "mate." However, God is sovereign and He holds the future--perfect and planned. I am frustrated with the lack of trust and dependence on this sovereign grace Christ has covered us with.

We need more of this "being asleep" in the will of God...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

andrea, thanks so much for posting that. i really needed to hear that. -stace

Andrea said...

I'm glad, Stacey...and thank you for your input!!
andrea

hannah said...

I completly agree! Wonderful blog!