Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ragged and Shoddy

Excerpt taken from Shadow of the Almighty (from the journal of Jim Elliot):

December 5. "Deep sense of uselessness this morning. Enjoyed prayer, not for the thrusting out of laborers so much as for their heart-preparation in learning to know Christ. What a ragged, shoddy thing Christianity has come to be, honoring men and means, places and crowds--O Lord, deliver me from the spirit of this faithless generation. how I should long to see the simplicity and powerful beauty of the New Testament fellowship reproduced, but no one seems to be similarly exercised here, so I must wait. O Christ, let me know Thee--let me catch glimpses of Thyself, seated and expectant in glory, let me rest there despite all wrong surging round me. Lead me in the right path, I pray."

Feeling very much the same today...After spending three hours with a good friend I haven't seen in a while (Sarah), and spending time talking about our same desires and passions for the world and missions, I realize how much I have missed that. I haven't had it in a while...I was able to hear more of her heart for Brazil and it felt so good to get excited together and feel challenged together and feel convicted together. I so thirst for New Testament fellowship...Oh how I long to know Christ and know Him also through fellowship with others. Today was wonderful...much needed...but I long for more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANDREA. You'll be in Hillsdale in a few days WHOOOO! Let's touch base so we can hang out. I told Kristen to give you my email/phone #, cause who knows what kind of weird friends you have. See you soon! Piko

Andrea said...

Yes let's! I'm super excited and ready to be there...but i'm crazy busy getting ready!

see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

hey andrea...i really liked this blog--mainly because of it's intimacy. it's awesome the heart God's given you. i pray he grant you ability to share it with everyone.