Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Faith is Tested

"i will lift my eyes to the Maker of the mountains I can climb
i will lift my eyes to the Calmer of the oceans raging wild
i will lift my eyes to the Healer of the hurt I hold inside
i will lift my eyes
lift my eyes
to You."

"Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted" Hebrews 12:3

"Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up to salvation--if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good." 1 Peter 2:2

"So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

More later...I will post thoughts soon. For now, just dwell on these things.

No comments: