Tuesday, February 06, 2007

If it wasn't for the night

I don't have a lot to say. I am tired. Not really sleepy tired...just incredibly exhausted emotionally. It's been a hard week. I don't feel rested coming back, I feel drained. I don't have immediate homework but I have a lot of long term stuff I need to be working on. The problem is, I'm either too tired or distracted to work on it or I am spending time with others...all my "free time" this week is filled up. I have sessions, meals, and bonding dates with friends. Don't get me wrong, I am super glad to be spending time with some real quality girls...It's exciting. I had an AMAZING short time with Stacey (Brogan) this afternoon. We are finding out more and more that we are a lot alike. It's really neat :) We were able to share frustrations and struggles and then pray together. It was much needed. Tomorrow I am running errands with Melissa. Woohoo. I love that girl. Thursday Wendy and I FINALLY set a bonding date. I am so excited. She's amazing. I want to get to know her better so badly!!

The sessions have been good so far. Tonight's wasn't that great. He gave kind of a crazy altar call (i'm not a huge fan...). I like walking to and from Moody Church with the BroSis...through the snow in the sub-zero weather. Crazy fun. It's a mile each way...4 times a day. Lot's of exercise! Lot's of fun conversation :) I love my BroSis!!

Anyway...all this to say...I am thrilled with these growing relationships. I am, however, feeling somewhat overwhelmed...or something. It's hard to explain. I don't really want to try to explain it to you because I feel like it would not do it justice. It's all just stuff Christ is teaching me. I guess perhaps it's better left between me and Him. But I would ask for your prayer...just simply that I would love God with all my heart, mind, and strength; and that I would dwell on His word and sit in quietness at His feet to rest.

I really love this song. I just like David Wilcox a ton. His lyrics are really great.

If it wasn't for the night 
So cold this time of year 
The stars would never shine so bright 
So beautiful and clear 


I have walked this road alone 
My thin coat against the chill 
When the light in me was gone 
And my winter house was stilled 

When I grieved for all I'd made
Out of all I had to give
On the eve of Christmas day
With no reason left to live

Even then somehow in the bitter wind and cold
Impossibly strong I know
Even then a bloom as tender as a rose
Was breaking through the snow
In the dark night of the soul
In the dark night of the soul

If it wasn't for the babe
Lying helpless on the straw
There would be no Christmas day
And the night would just go on

When it seem that death has won
Buried deep beneath the snow
Where the summer leaves have gone
The seed of hope will grow
----------------------------------
Things to look forward to:
-Night at the Cheesecake Factory (thursday)
-Lincoln's Bday Bash (Monday)
-BroSis Ice Skating! (the 17th)
-Open House (the 18th)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It made me laugh a little when I tried to imagine your response to a "crazy altar call." Your infamous look of disgust popped into my mind. It made me smile and miss you a lot.

Andrea said...

haha. yeah........