Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Inspired By My Paper...

A quote that i love from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader...


“Then the lion said--but I don’t know if it spoke--You will have to let me undress you. I was afraid of his claws, I can tell you, but I was pretty nearly desparate now. So I just lay flat down on my back to let him do it. The first tear he made was so deep that I thought it had gone right into my heart. And when he began pulling the skin off, it hurt worse than anything I’ve ever felt. The only thing that made me able to bear it was just the pleasure of feeling the stuff peal off....Then he caught hold of me--I didn’t like that much for I was very tender underneath now that I’d no skin on--and threw me into the water. It smarted like anything but only for a moment....and after a bit the lion took me out and dressed me....in new clothes...”

1 comment:

M. Perkins said...

Great part of the book... great imagery, great image of redemption... Lewis is phenomenal.