Sunday, October 22, 2006

"She said honey take me dancing..."

I like talking to my brother. He is all full of brotherly wisdom :) Especially when it comes to relationships. Haha. Oh luke. He says I won't get married until I learn to burp properly. And by properly he means LOUD. It's ridiculous. Apparently I won't be attractive until I can. Where does he come up with these things?? He's crazy.

We watched Cold Case together tonight (a low quality show with terrible acting) and then sat in the living room and talked. It was nice. I had half of a pop tart and then some popcorn. Now I feel sick. Bleh.

I tried to read more in Confessions but I'm getting really sleepy. I talked to hallie today and to mark. I like talking to friends on weekends...for several reasons. First of all, cell phone minutes are free :). Second, it is more low key and relaxed--we actually have TIME to talk because we aren't so busy. Lastly, I just like talking to my friends.

I'm listening to Paul Simon's "Diamonds on the soles of her shoes." I want someone to take me dancing.

I did some more Christmas shopping today. I just need a little something for Luke and something for dad. I'm very pleased with the fact that come December--crowded malls, grumpy shoppers, traffic and noise--I will be able to relax and think about why I really like Christmas...the mystery of the incarnation and good times with family. Do you feel like with each year you get older, Christmas means more? I feel like each year I understand it a little better. With each year I get a closer look at the baby in the manger. With each year I get a deeper understanding of the incarnation. With each year I feel less excited about the presents and more excited about being together as a family and having special memories. Every year I get increasingly excited to read the "Christmas Story" in the living room as a family in the early, dark morning. I don't know. I guess its hard to explain. Maybe you think I'm crazy. Sure, the dancing penguins and singing polar bears in our Christmas display at work make me want to throw up. A lot about this upcoming holiday time does. But I really love Christmas...and the feelings grow stronger each year. It excites me. I look forward to going caroling (I love the look on peoples faces), listening to the "Back to Bethlehem" Odyssey (part one AND two, yesss), singing Christmas songs in Church (i wish our church sang more!), and watching Charlie Brown Christmas. I listened to Bing Crosby's White Christmas the other day and wished for snow. Unfortunately, it didn't snow. I look forward to my upcoming travels in the North country :)

Enough rambling. Good night to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved talking today (twice!). I feel like it's been a long time since we've laughed that hard together.

Nathan Winslow said...

Nope. No crazy. I love Christmas too. It really is the most wonderful time of the year; I applaud your diligence in getting your shopping done early. That's pretty amazing. I think that I have a subconcious rule against thinking about Christmas shopping until at least after Thanksgiving, which is another time of the year that I love. We had snow again today. Not much and none of it stuck for very long, but if this trend continues we should have raging blizzards by the time you come.

- Nathan

Andrea said...

agh! I can't wait for the snow!!! I'm so jealous. I hope there is LOTS when I visit!!...

Andrea said...

oh, and nathan...keep in mind that i'm not in school right now so I DO have some extra time to get my shopping done :) Don't feel too bad.