Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Hills Sing!

"...These hills are grass-covered and rolling, and they are lovely beyond any singing of it."
- Cry, the Beloved Country


Yesterday we were out in one of the villages at a visitation/vigil for the death of a young man...he was the brother of Elisabeth, a lady in our school. It was an incredible experience. I don't have time to relate it all right now.

After it was over I walked outside the small house and looked out over the valley. The house sat atop a hill and had the most spectacular view. Stormy winds were blowing the red dust across my face and into my eyes. As I looked out across the valley I was overwhelmed by the beauty of it all. Shafts of yellow and orange sunlight poked through the storm clouds, casting a soft glow on the homesteads scattered across the fields. I could see the rain moving in and dark clouds threatening the earth with much needed water!! The hills sang. As I stood there I was so in awe of the beauty of this place--and the power of God moving across the land.

"Something deep is touched here, something that is good and deep."
- Alan Paton, Cry, The Beloved Country

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm, sounds beautiful. :)