Sunday, November 25, 2007

Edwards' Stomping Grounds

Just got back from Northampton, Mass. today. We were visiting my aunt for Thanksgiving. Right in Jonathan Edwards' backyard! We saw his Church and though it doesn't look anything like you would expect, the surrounding landscape/town are beautiful. It is a wonderful piece of this country. It was refreshing to spend time out in hills and woods turned yellow, orange, and red with color...slowly becoming cold and grey as winter progresses. It's beautiful. Driving through that part of the country always puts me in a "mood." I tried to explain it to Jay, Kristen, Mom, and Dad today in the car but I don't think they really understood what I was trying to say. All I know is, I get in "the mood." Something about driving across the plains in a car with crisp, cold air blowing outside and the trees dropping their leaves for the winter...listening to David Wilcox or Peter Mulvey on the headset and thinking to myself about any number of things.... I like it.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent the "actual" holiday at Jay and Kristen's in Philly but were able to visit with Dad's side of the family out east. We haven't all been together like that since kristen's senior year of high school (but we were missing luke this time. sad.)

It was so much fun to see Jonathan after so long. He's all grown up--and a good little 4 1/2 year old! Nan's new house is beautiful. The light in it is warm and beautiful--making the colors so rich.

We are here until Wednesday when we fly back to the West. I am getting anxious to feel a little more "settled" again. It's hard to believe I've only been back in the States for a week (one week today!). So much has happened already and I am still not unpacked...I look forward to getting back into my room again soon. I have to start scheduling myself so I can get things done--especially this OT course from Moody. I have 2 papers and 2 exams to write. Not bad at all, but I just need to be disciplined!

Luke gets home on the 12th! woohoo. I turn 21 on the 15th!! Don't know yet what I am going to do...I'm excited, though! It will be nice to be with friends and family.

Hmmm. I think that's all. I'll post a few pictures so you can enjoy my family a little bit too :) Can you tell we're related?? haha.
Hope you all had a good thanksgiving. For those of you back at school, push hard and finish strong! I'll be praying for renewed energy and revived spirits as you make the last push before Christmas!!








1 comment:

Lacy Lillian said...

You are so lovely.