Friday, December 29, 2006

An Adventure

You never know what might happen in Broken Bow, OK. Actually, when it did happen, I wasn't in Broken Bow I was in Idabel...just down the street from Hochatown (pronounced "HO" like "ho ho ho"...chatown, NOT "HOO"chatown, like my dad keeps saying). Sarah and I decided to "go out" tonight, so we chose the late night showing of "The Holiday," a chick flick I had heard of once (must've seen a preview somewhere) but had soon forgotten. She had already seen it and wanted to again. So we went. It's a Friday night so, naturally, we went out ;). It also happens to be a STORMY friday night...mostly just rainy. It's been raining pretty steady all day.

The movie was alright...it's about two different love stories--one taking place in LA, the other in Surrey, England. One of the stories is cute, the other trashy. So there we were, the ONLY two people in a very small theater watching this movie, when all of a sudden there was a loud pop and the screen went blank (we were about half way through the film). Then, the movie flickered back on, but soon went blank again. The lights came on, then went off. Soon, the back-up lights went on. The power was out. With the film off, we could hear the storm raging quite wildly outside. Sounded beautiful. We weren't sure what to do. It was a weird feeling and a little creepy because we were the only two people watching the movie (thank goodness it wasn't a horror or suspense!!). We got up, walked out, and soon found ourselves in a COMPLETELY pitch black corridor, trying to find our way back out to the main lobby (cell phones do make good flashlights in situations of emergency). Following other voices in the lobby, we soon found ALL the movie-goers...just a handful. We quickly decided we didn't care if the power came back on or not, this was quite an adventure and very much a thrill. I had never had that happen before! There I was, surrounded by oklahomans with THICK accents, gathered around a cold hot-dog grill and a nacho display, excited out of my mind that it was happening. I think I'm probably weird. oh well.

Sure enough, the power didn't come back on. Well, we at least didn't want to wait around forever for it to get fixed...the storm was pretty bad and it could've taken forever. So we left. We drove home in the pouring rain, excited to tell our thrilling story, and hydroplaning down the highway through hochatown and back to broken bow. Man I love these names :)

Goodnight, all! I hope you had as exciting an evening as I! ;)

4 comments:

M. Perkins said...

You are such a nerd. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, and I'm not by any means claiming that either (a) I am not a nerd or (b) I would not have enjoyed/been excited by said situation but you are still a nerd.

M. Perkins said...

PS: Just found out Conan O'Brien is filmed in Chicago this exact second. I think I'd like to go to it sometime.

Andrea said...

whatever

Andrea said...

we didn't get a free pass, but Sarah had seen it before so she told me the ending. It wasn't BAD, it just wasn't a great movie. It was so so.