Monday, December 18, 2006

it's hard to wait

My grandpa (papa) just went in for surgery about an hour ago. He has had 3 bypass surgeries and they are all blocked up. One of his arteries is almost completely clogged and his kidneys are functioning below 50%. The doctor painted a pretty bleak picture of it all today... just being frank about the condition of papa's body. There is still fluid in his lungs... but the surgery hopes to open up one of his bypasses so his heart can pump better. The problem is, all the dye they use to monitor everything has to be cleaned out later by his kidneys. There is a lot of concern because his kidneys are now in pretty bad shape. After the doctor talked with him today he turned to my grandma and said something to the effect of "it looks like its the curtains for me".

I pray if its God's will Papa might spend more time with us... but that's sort of a selfish thing for me to wish. If it isn't His will, I pray He would take Papa right home to Him, and what a joy that would be.

I like the way mom prayed tonight, "we picture angels around the operating table waiting with bated breath, as we do, to see all that your powerful hand might accomplish".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray.

M. Perkins said...

Amen, and praying.

M. Perkins said...

My grandfather did not know Christ until he was 89, the night before a life-threatening triple-bypass surgery. That was eight years ago. God's love is powerful in pain.