Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fire of God, Undying Flame

Father, our humanity is meant to contain your Deity. Make room in us, O God, by increasing our capacity to contain you. Fill us to overflowing with your Divine Spirit. We come to you admitting our emptiness and longing to absorb the sparkling treasure of your presence in these primitive bodies of ours. Amen.
Bryan Jeffery Leech

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." 2 Cor. 4:7


Breathe on me, Breath of God,
fill me with life anew,
that I may love what thou dost love,
and do what thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
until my heart is pure,
until with thee I will one will,
to do and to endure.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
till I am wholly thine,
till all this earthly part of me
glows with thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
so shall I never die,
but live with thee the perfect life
of thine eternity.


"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day."
2 Cor. 4:16

No comments: