Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wrestling

Currently reading: Holy Spirit Power by Charles Spurgeon; 2 Corinthians
Currently listening to: Ben Harper (Diamonds on the Inside)
Currently thinking about: everything.

It is supposed to be 72 degrees today. Thank you, Lord. It's a chaco day. I am sitting by the window in the morning light and the sun is coming through in a soft yellow. sigh. I had waffles and bacon for breakfast. I slept great last night...after a long conversation late into the night (early morning) with a dear friend. God, you are teaching me so much. Don't ever let my hear grow hard. Don't let the discouragements sent by the enemy distract me from listening to your soft, whispering voice. Tune my ear to listen. Tune my heart to hear. Thank you for friends who challenge, uplift, encourage, confront, embrace, walk beside, and love.

This life I live--it is now my own. Praise be to the Almighty, whose glory is my joy and whose honor is my pleasure. Spirit, teach me to follow.

"Growing in leaps and bounds..." That's the way a friend of mine puts it. I like that picture--and its so true. Wow. God is great.

Live with abandon. Live radically. Live boldly. Remember, when you attempt great things for God you are to expect opposition--all hell pushing back.

God is good. All the time. All the time. God is good.

In Him,
Andrea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know when you talk about me you can call me by name. haha love you.

Anonymous said...

actually i decided i like being anonymous. its somewhat adventerous. I think thats what Im going to be when I grow up. An adventure.

Andrea said...

you're crazy. and I don't mean to keep you anonymous....I just do that a lot in general. I like to refer to dear friends simply as such. I don't know why :) An adventure...that's quite an aspiration!