Saturday, December 15, 2007

Big Smile

I love my friends. I feel like I am constantly, every day, in awe of the people God has placed in my life. I am so blessed! It is really neat, too, because I feel like this break is different than all the other ones...there's something about it that is sort of a quiet sweetness. It's hard to explain. I will try...
I think it is, in large part, due to the fact that we are older now. We've grown up a lot in recent months. God has brought each of us through unique experiences to grow and mature us. Through it all, we have maintained our friendship(s). I feel like this is it. We've passed some "test" and now we have reached a new level in our friendship. Does this make sense? I feel like it sounds mixed up and silly. I guess what i mean is that we really are friends for life (cheesy, maybe, but true). Maybe we won't always be AS close or in as close of contact, but are hearts are knit in a way that won't ever really be undone. God has joined us deeply together. I am grateful.
They say you meet your "life friends" in college. I believe it. In the case of tonight's group, I am especially excited (blessed? grateful?) because we are high school friends that have maintained friendship through college. I think its something special. It is a unique bond.
Tonight was the same dear friends I spent my last birthday with...and we even ended up at the same place! Oregano's (Me, Allie, Hannah, Mark, Kyle, Isaac, Eric). We went over to Eric's for a while after. It was so wonderful. I am honored to call each of these people FRIEND.

I can't even slightly express my love for each of you. I just have a big smile :)

2 comments:

hannah said...

=]

"I feel like this break is different than all the other ones...I think it is, in large part, due to the fact that we are older now. We've grown up a lot in recent months. God has brought each of us through unique experiences to grow and mature us. Through it all, we have maintained our friendship(s). I feel like this is it. We've passed some "test" and now we have reached a new level in our friendship."

I think it's funny that you wrote this because i felt the same way last night! it's always nice seeing everyone at christmas and summer break, but this break definitely does feel different, and good different as you described.

Quick story - on the way to Oregano's Allie was catching Mark up on her semester, when he said something about how he loved that he could have friends he didn't keep in contact with yet could still maintain the friendship, which is kind of funny, but it’s really true about our “group.” And part of this “maturity” or whatever it is, I feel like is that we all know that everyone has separate lives and though each semester we all grow a little more and in different ways, it’s okay because we all know each other at the core, and i think that's what maintains the friendships:)

Andrea said...

I'm glad we feel the same things :) I love you, hannah!!

Sigh. life is so good.