Friday, December 07, 2007

Soul Swelling

In the midst of all "this," I feel the expectation and excitement rising inside. Don't you feel the wonder growing in your soul? It's the Savior...COME.

As I grow older, Christmas is less of a "holiday" and more of an expectation and celebration. I appreciate this. It's because Christ is progressively more and more my true Treasure. I am understanding more and more my NEED for a Savior...and I am discovering more and more my great SAVIOR for that need. It is beautiful.

This is one of my favorite "christmas" verses...such incredible and exciting Messianic expectation. Hear the joy and wonder--the complete PLEASURE and HOPE--in Zechariah's words: "Because of God's tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace" (Luke 1:78, 79).

Reading these words makes my soul swell. I smile deep, my heart beats a little faster...there is some inexpressible emotion that comes out only in a whisper "He has come!"

Breath of Heaven. A thrill of Hope. Quiet Joy. Sweet wonder. Desire of Nations.

.Soul Swelling.

No comments: