Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Randoms

It's been a good week overall. Not too many "exciting" things happening, just some small, good things. It's been nice to catch up with people. I cherish these long conversations with friends whose hearts I've missed sharing!!

Hannah and I went to 4th Ave. on Sunday. It was so much fun. We each got a red rose from a guy...because we were "matching" (same necklace I gave her). The guy after him wanted to take our picture because of the matching necklaces AND matching red roses. Ha. slightly weird and awkward...we really didn't realize we "stood out." After all, a blonde white girl and a brunette asian don't usually get compared like that.
We enjoyed looked through beautiful skirts from Nepal in a tent full of Hippie smells and colors. I loved it.

I've been having headaches rather frequently. I'm trying not to get a little bit alarmed. Is this normal?? Sometimes it sort of makes me uneasy. I've had them off and on for a long time...I'm officially going to rule out some possibilities by drinking LOTS (make sure its not dehydration), watching my coffee drinking (make sure its not the caffeine), and keeping a watch on some of the foods I eat (mom wants to make sure its not an allergy or low blood sugar). Anyhow, I would appreciate your prayers. I am praying it isn't serious. I won't alarm any of you with thoughts I've had because I tend to have a wild imagination sometimes. So I won't speak :) But I would greatly like prayer.

Luke gets home tonight! We're picking him up at 11:30 and the Sommitz boys are coming with. I'm so excited to see him!!

It's been nice just being home with mom and dad but I look forward to Luker's return. Friends start coming back tonight also...yay!

I turn 21 on Saturday. It's sort of hard to believe. the big 21. ha.

Talked with Hallie today for well over an hour. It was wonderful. Tried to study for OT but couldn't focus on the pages. My headache made me feel like I was going cross-eyed. Oh. which reminds me of another possibility for headaches I need to rule out--I should start being more diligent about wearing my glasses when I read.

Here's my new and improved schedule for next semester...I'm getting quite excited.

Cultural Anthropology
Intro to Disciple-making
Bible Intro.
Intro. to Mass Communication
Christian Missions
and (get this!) Violence and Grace in the Novel (with an uh-mazing prof!! I am SO excited).

17 credits. Lots of work. Lots of writing :) We're reading Cry, The Beloved Country and I can't even begin to explain to you how thrilled that makes me! woohoo.

I went into my high school today to say hello to a teacher/friend who lived for years in Kenya. It was wonderful to see her. We're going to plan a lunch date. I can't wait :)

I think i might go take a nap before we leave for the airport to get Luke. my head hurts so bad.

No comments: