Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hills Like White Elephants...Not.

Weirdest thing happened. I was sitting at our dining room table this morning eating breakfast...Kix, to be exact. And I looked out of our back sliding door and there, wallowing up the hill out back, was a big, white elephant. It was huge and really white and moving slow. Someone was in front of it walking--so it looked like it was being led. My heart jumped. Really, it did. It took about two seconds for me to realize that it was, in fact, a big white cement mixer on the back of a truck, moving to lay the foundation of some new house they're building. Bummer. For a split second I really thought it was an elephant. Wish it was.

This morning Luke left. He woke me up early to give me a goodbye hug. Sad. I miss him already.

P.S. I had a really weird and frightening dream last night that has put me in a funk today. bleh.

No comments: