Thursday, June 24, 2010

As You Know

I've been reading Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott. I'm really enjoying it. Just want to share a few quotes from the book.

"I do not at all understand the mystery of grace--only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us." Later she adds, "I don't know why life isn't constructed to be seamless and safe, why we make such glaring mistakes, things fall so short of our expectations, and our hearts get broken and our kids do scary things and our parents get old and don't always remember to put pants on before they go out for a stroll. I don't know why it's not more like it is in the movies, why things don't come out neatly and lessons can't be learned when you're in the mood for learning them, why love and grace often come in such motley packaging."

This morning I am cleaning, doing laundry, running a few errands, and packing for Wisconsin. I don't work today or tomorrow so I'm leaving the city. Mariah is taking the train up on Saturday and we'll explore the area while Jake shoots a wedding. Then, on Sunday is the Peter Mulvey concert. WOO! Good things ahead :)


2 comments:

carmar1234@sbcglobal.net said...

Don't forget to ask Jake's sister about Evan Parks and family. Have a good weekend. Gram

Andrea said...

i won't forget! :) glad to see you finally commented!! :)