Monday, April 18, 2005

CATALINA ISLAND

I got back from Catalina Island last night (or rather this morning at 3:30). It was an amazing trip...full of fun times and relaxation. We saw so many super cool organisms! Marine life is incredible, I love it!

AND, during a live dissection lab I ate sea urchin gonads (otherwise known as testicles)....I know, sicko. I didn't know that's what they were when I tasted them but Mrs. Chandler said they were a delicacy in Japan and others were tasting it....So I said what the heck and tried it. It was rather gross but I am still super proud of the fact that I actually tried it! Maybe later I'll post a picture of the internal structure of the sea urchin and point it out for you. (Kristen, I'm one ahead on unusual foods...)

The trip was a blast and I am so glad I was able to go on it. There are so many stories but you'll just have to hear them in person because I don't want to right them all out. Oh, and I have a kazillion more pictures too...
these are just a few.

The whole gang

1 comment:

hannah said...

i also am super proud of you for eating sea urchin testicles (yuck!) i'm glad the trip was awesome!