Saturday, July 02, 2005

Wow...its been a while

So our comuter was out for almost two weeks--no email, updating of blog, downloading pictures, etc. I never realized how much I use the computer until I don' have it. It was a good lesson. The downed computer, along with the fact that I still have no job, left me with lots of free time. It turned out to be such a huge blessing.

I haveread (Chronicles of Narnia, No Graven Image, The Great Omission), played with friends, and babysat. The babysitting thing has turned out to be really wonderful. Since I have no job, it brings in a little extra money and I am able to help out a mom with five kids (three of them foster). I have been so blessed to be able to be a blessing to them in their time of need. It is really rewarding to give a mom a break--even if it is only for an hour or two.

For a while I was really stressing out about the job situation. However, by this point, with about one month left of work time, it doesn't look hopeful. I am beginning to feel a little mre at peace about not getting a job. Something could come through, but I doubt it. I am enjoying a restful summer. God has been giving me wonderful time with family and friends...I have been doing lots of neat projects with my mom and I am thankful we've had the time to do them...

Stacey was wonderful and reminded me of the huge importance of rest. I was feeling frustrated and upset because I wasn't accomplishing anything. She reminded me that rest IS accomplishing something. And it is super important or else God wouldn't have set time aside specifically FOR rest.

That's all for now...OH! and I am on my new computer. That's the new big news. I got a new 12 inch mac (ibook)...I absolutely LOVE it!!!

3 comments:

hannah said...

yay!!! i'm assuming you got your mac fixed at the store today so yay for that and for an updated blog. also, i love the point on rest. kudos to you and stacey both!!! EXCELLENT POINT!!!

M. Perkins said...

Hooray for iBook G4's!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy you're able to spend good time with your mum before heading off to school! what a blessing! thanks for the run today! see you (if not tomorrow) on thursday at the lastest!