Saturday, April 19, 2008

Blessings

I just got back from babysitting. I really like the husband of the family. He's quiet and a little over-cautious/over-protective but he's a nice guy. He went to law school. We talked about it on the way home tonight (they give me a ride back to school!!). I was asking him questions about law school and he finally said "why, are you interested in law?" I said "No, not really. But I have thought about trying to learn more about international law, foreign policy, etc., since I want to work overseas and perhaps encorporate advocacy work into my life someday." That was just what he wanted to hear, i think, or at least it was a subject up his alley. So he went off and recommended a bunch of different resources to me. He encouraged me to read the Economist (he's going to give me some of their old issues). He told me about a few websites, some resources from the UN, different podcasts, etc. It was really nice! I am so glad to have a connection to someone who actually knows something about what I know virtually nothing of. He said "next time you can ask me some more questions if you think of them...and maybe I'll be more helpful because I can think about it a little more."

yay!!

What a blessing!

I am grateful for the opportunities here in the city to learn about this stuff, too. FOR EXAMPLE (I am SOOOO excited about this)...
April 23 at Loyola:
"Kevin Sites dedicated one year of his life to visit every armed conflict in the world. He has traveled to over 20 countries committed to provide *a clear idea of the combatants, victims, causes, and costs of each of these struggles- and their global impact.*"
He's been to multiple conflicts in the middle east, asia, and africa. I am really interested in this!! it is FREE it is open to the PUBLIC...I AM GOING.

Alright. I think i am going to go for a walk.
goodnight to all!

No comments: