Saturday, January 06, 2007

More Pictures

Here are a few more pictures :) Today Lacy, Giovanni, and I made it to Target! We took the red line subway all the way across town and then got off and walked the rest of the way. We didn't get lost once! This target is amazing. it's two story and has a special escalator for the carts! yeah. rockin' awesome. We had to haul all of our stuff back across town on the subway--that was an adventure! After we dropped it all off, we walked just down the street from the school to this little Thai Restaurant called Panang. It was really good. Then we decided we wanted to find Whole Foods. We sort of got lost but it was fun to just walk around and hang out.

I decided I'm going to lose 20 pounds. I walk a lot. I eat not a lot. haha. I eat a healthy amount, just small portions. The quality of the food isn't that bad at all but the variety is AWFUL. I am already sick of it. So I eat salad (they have a fantastic salad bar. with spinach!) and pita with hummus (served at both main meals!!). We also have some food in our room...we got Kashi and milk at Whole Foods for breakfast. Yum. Almost all my classes conflict with the lunch schedule so that's a problem. I will probably eat breakfast and dinner there and lunch in my room or on the run. That's why I have a 15 meal plan!

Here's my schedule:
Intro to Ministry (Thurs.)
New Testament Survey...we read through the NT twice--2 diff. translations of choice (Tues., Thurs.)
The Church and Its Doctrines (M, W, F)
Studying/Teaching the Bible (M, F)
Spiritual Life and Community (M, W, F)

and my PCM Thursday nights from 7-8:30. It's tutoring young (mostly single) mothers and their kids at a women/child shelter downtown. please pray for me during this time! I'm really excited but really nervous. it's already dark by this time and I have to switch buses to get there....yikes.
Love you all!




1 comment:

Andrea said...

i WANT you to soooo badly!