Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Home for the next three months

You know what? 6 months is actually quite short. Sometimes I feel like it is soooo long....like when I think about being apart from people. But when I think of it more in regards to my time spent IN Africa, it seems so very short.

I am getting SO excited. God it providing money in extraordinary ways. I am quieted as I consider how He is using other in my life and for His kingdom work. It's thrilling!!

I received an email today from the base director. It was really good to hear from him. It made all my thinking, wondering, and excitement come alive in a real way...and it grounded me :)

All the students will be staying in a house together (4-7 students per room). He said it was a fixer-upper with all the furniture donated but you can tell from the picture that it is really nice (a 20 minute walk from town). It is upscale what you'd see in the larger towns in Mexico. This will be my home for the first three months. Our weekdays will be full (6:30am-8:30pm: worship/intercession, classes, lunch, work-duties, dinner, and group activities) but our weekends will be free. We will attend a local Church of our choice...we'll also have homework...but enough time to explore and experience true Africa. I can't wait. I wish I could get across to you how eager I am. oh man!

The location of the outreach remains unknown until we've completed most of our lecture phase. So I'll keep you posted!!

Please keep praying!!

Here's a picture of our home. (P.S. I'm excited to experience "communal living" in a way I never have before...with all its challenges and pleasures. I pray God knits our hearts).


No comments: