Friday, May 18, 2007

I think "sister" is code for "adventure."

Every time we get together, something exciting happens! Or we just happen to be together in interesting situations. The best one was the bead shoplifter that turned into a felony and we got interviewed and recorded by the investigator. I am sorry to say that yesterday was not as exciting. However, it is a story worth telling. We both wanted to get our hair cut and, being the cheapo's we usually are, found an ad for $6.99 haircuts down at great clips. We usually go to cost cutters anyway...

Well, because it was "sale day," everyone was there and they only had 3 hairstylists--middle-aged women with awful haircuts and cheesy makeup....not to mention smokers coughs/laughs and smokers breath. gross. They were insane. The lady that cut my hair kept looking AWAY and the lady cutting kristen's hair went SO fast! We were both pretty petrified by the whole experience. Kristen says it felt like walking into back woods Oklahoma. I can agree. It was quite the experience. Both of us were scared to look in the mirror after. Luckily we only wanted trims so there wasn't much room for major mistakes. All is well and our haircuts look fine--plus we have a great story.

This account doesn't give it justice. It will have to do.

I got my typhoid shot this morning. so far so good, my arm is just a little sore. I am cleaning and organizing this afternoon--I also have to finish unpacking. Hannah and I are picking Zach up from the airport in Phoenix tonight--and then going to In-N-Out! yummm.

Today is also dedicated to writing thank-you's to my supporters and figuring out my email list, etc. I need to send out an update soon. I paid my parents off for my plane ticket! Now the money coming in is for school. I haven't yet gotten enough (2,000) for the first three months--the school. I am going, though. I am trusting that God will provide and as things stand now, I am walking onto that airplane on June 7th in faith. I woke up on Wednesday morning and screamed. I'll be in Africa in a month!!! whoa.

Ok. i need to get going. Hope you all are well and that your summers are taking shape. Keep me updated! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your story sounds nice but i have a better sister story that can box out yours anyday. or at least this story...i feel like you may have some really good ones up your sleeve. but ill tell you mine soon, its pretty much ridiculous.

Lacy Lillian said...

In-N-Out.... I will freely admit that I am totally jealous at the moment