Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I feel like writing

but i don't know what to write, why, or where. Sigh. So...I guess I will just give a brief update.

I had my first day of work today--just going over paperwork, handbooks, etc. It wasn't bad at all. It was, however, a little intimidating. The serving crew I am joining has been working together for 2 years. So they all know each other and its like a family...that I have to break into. Sigh. The manager is super nice, though, and really helpful/encouraging. His wife went to high school at desert, too. I geuss even though the job is highly intimidating to me at the moment, it is worth noting that my boss seems ideal. He is very very nice. He said I won't really be on my own for two weeks. He and the others will be around helping me, directing, etc. When I walked into the kitchen for a tour Marie Calendar memories came flooding back. I had to push them abruptly out of my mind because otherwise I'll get freaked out and nervous.

So...the summer is chugging along. I'm spending good time with Luke. We went slacklining again today. I've got climbing shoes coming in the mail (dad's summer gift to me...incentive for father/daughter dates).

I've gone through a lot of stuff in my room--throwing out and packing up.

The heat is reminding me of Africa. It's nice :)

Headaches are virtually gone. I've been taking feverfew and drinking LOTS of water (dude, i pee all the time).

I've been reading The Power and the Glory (Graham Greene) as well as Abide in Christ (Andrew Murray).

I've rediscovered my good friend John Piper and have listened to some excellent sermons. I recommend his most recent: Spiritual Depression in the Psalms and an older one called Worship: The Feast of Christian Hedonism.

I have to go help mom and dad get dinner ready. BURRITOS with mom's beans. Yuuuummm!

No comments: