Wednesday, November 19, 2008

anticipating

i really love thanksgiving. i think it might be my favorite holiday. i like it because it holds a lot of the joy of christmas traditions (home, family, grateful hearts, food...) but not all the gifts. it's less of a consumer holiday. i appreciate that. but at the same time there is the anticipation of christmas--there is an expectation of the Savior come. i still get excited and a little anxious. Less so over the "magic" and the gifts and more because of family and the hope that is Christ. what a remarkable time of year. and I've been thinking about the anticipation and expectation--how we celebrate a Savior COME but look forward to a Savior RETURNING. There is, even still, a hope in something coming. A kingdom coming that will replace what we see around us.... ah, so exciting!! There's a wonderful poem I wanted to post by Barrie Shepherd called "Advent Awakening" but I can't find it online. I'll keep looking. It's absolutely beautiful.

today grounds crew started putting up the red ribbon and christmas lights around all the light posts. It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see them at night :)

Mmm. I am dropping off my resume at an after school program in a few minutes--hopeful, hopeful!

I went to Trader Joe's today and saw a woman walking a dog that looked just like her. I love seeing pet owner and pet look-alikes. It reminds me of that one scene in 101 Dalmatians. You know the one...

I hope you enjoy the beauty of this holiday season! May grateful hearts overflow in prayer for a world that desperately needs Him. Out of our plenty, Lord, teach us to pray honestly and brokenly for those that have little. Work it into our hearts...

No comments: