Monday, June 13, 2005

Summer Reading

I thought I'd post a list of good books. That way, when you're bored and have nothing to do, you can read! Yay for reading...These are fantastic books, too. I picked my favorites (some of them...).

A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken. This is an absolutely wonderful book. I highly, highly suggest it.
Shadow of the Almighty by Elisabeth Elliot. You must read this book, it's fantastic!
Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot. I read this over two years...I recommend reading it quicker :). It's so good!
Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper. This is one of my all-time favorite Piper books. And it's a fast read.
The Holiness of God by RC Sproul. I love this book too....hmmm, what's new?
These Strange Ashes by Elisabeth Elliot. I liked this one because it focused on her life in the jungle before they were married. It's a lot of fun little stories of her time spent among the Indians...


Here are some more...these are all very easy reading and oh, so good!
The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. I'm reading these myself (am on #3) because I wanted to read them BEFORE the movies come out.
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. It's about the Salem witch trials/hunts, etc. I haven't read it for a while but it was really good.
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. After reading it three times I still love it so much...and its a mystery!
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. My absolute, all-time favorite childhood book. Mom first read it aloud to us and then I read it again on my own later on...so good!!! (and it's a series)
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. This is a super hilarious book.

Though there are many other good books, these are on my top top list. Please read, they're fantastic!!

No comments: