Thursday, December 11, 2008

days go on

last night at small group Hue gave each of us a copy of "Sit, Walk, Stand" by Watchman Nee. I was so surprised--mostly because he's been on my list (recommended and such). The book is meant to parallel Ephesians, which we are studying as a group. Small group was at Kristin's apartment last night. She made beet soup served in acorn squash halves. The presentation was beautiful and tasted yummy. It made me all the more eager to move out of the dorms and start cooking for myself. I have a library of recipes i want to try :)

I walked to whole foods this afternoon to pick up some valerian root tea. It's a natural, herbal combatant of sleeplessness/restlessness. I'm anxious to see how it will work :) I've heard good things and we have friends that use it with good results. It definitely beats the unnatural forms of sleep meds (which scare me).

classes are over. strange. i always feel rather "melancholy" when things are about to change. Not that it is a bad thing. Actually, i think its a healthy part of life. BUT I'm also learning what it means to move into "new things" with lessons learned from the old...That's probably why I've felt reflective. There are certain classes I am glad to leave behind. There are a few, though, that i am really sad to let go of (even though next semester's will be wonderful).

I have two more papers and only one exam. Not bad. i am reading a lot for my OTBT paper. I've been thinking a whole lot about impassibility and divine pathos. Does God suffer? How? Why? When? Etc. The issue is very "close" to my heart in many ways. In other ways I feel overwhelmed by the subject. Who am I to even approach it? It seems so *huge*
I've found some incredible articles and finished The Suffering of God by Terrence Fretheim. There are a couple other sources i'm trying to get my hands on. The frustrating thing is that the paper only needs to be 5-7 pages and I don't know how on earth I can contain the subject. sigh.

i think I'm going to go to the Art Institute tonight. It's free and i sort of feel like that would be a wonderful way to *end* the semester. I haven't been there in a long time!

The days have been clear :) I LOVE it. Even though cold, nevertheless clear. sigh. Couldn't ask for anything more. I am excited to go back to AZ, though. yessssss.

Alright. I have to run to the library.
may you all do well during finals and such! Take breaks to enjoy the beautiful weather, reflect on God's presence around you, drink a cup of hot chocolate, be intentional about quality conversations with friends, and goofy adventures with others:)
Keep perspective. Love you all!

No comments: