Sunday, October 23, 2005

Fun Times

Allie's visit was SO much fun!! She got in Thursday night and hung out while Hallie and I were in class on Friday morning. I thought about skipping math to hang out with her but ultimately decided against the idea (actually...piko gave me a speech about how it is my duty to go to class, even when i don't want to. so i went. bummer). alas. We left for Jackson around 1 on friday afternoon. By "we" I mean Allie, Hallie, and I. We went to the parlour for ice cream (YUM) and then went to target to shop. WOOHOO! Lots of fun :)
We got back to Hillsdale around 6:15 and ran into Kroger to buy groceries for dinner. We picked Donna and Emily up and then went straight over to Piko's to cook. It was SO fun...and SO good!! We had quesadillas (crispy because we used his oven!), chips and salsa, with beans, avocado, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and grapes for desert. Oh my goodness! I ate SOOO much!! We also watched center stage. good movie. A special thanks to Piko for letting us use his apartment and awesome kitchen (and we didn't burn it down!)
When we got back to campus we decided to stop by Galloway so the guys (isaac and mark) could spend more time with Allie. We ended up watching Raising Arizona in downstairs Kresge (in my history room...hehe). The group included: mark, isaac, brad, jared, chase, erin, allie, hallie, and myself (and occasionally andy). It was a very interesting and bizarre movie. But sometimes funny...mostly it was fun to hang out with people. And people don't know very well still. After the movie was over we started walking back to Galloway...but saw leaves and decided they would be fun to play in :) so we played with leaves. It was amazing.
We didn't end up going to bed until around 3:00! ack! And we had to get up the next morning for our super cool shopping adventure. Allie, Donna, and I drove to Lansing to visit a few malls. It took longer than it should have. we got lost a few times. oops. it was really fun. we always managed to fin the right road...mostly by accident. We found lots of great deals...at Gap, Old Navy, etc. AND!! I had a kristen moment...I ran into an old family friend! Her AND her daughter...they're from the UP and used to go to the same church as us up there. I was good friends with their youngest daughter and kristen was good friends with their oldest daughter. It worked out nicely. It was so weird to see them there. but cool!!
On the way back to Hillsdale we made a few detours. some on purpose some on accident. hehe. We wanted to stop a few times to take pictures of the BEAUTIFUL trees! oohhh. so pretty!
Once we got back we just hung out and talked...and played apples to apples and "I have never..." and even our own version, "I have..." Basically this weekend was a blast. And now I have to do tons of homework. this always happens...bummer.
Enjoy the pictures!

PS I'm really missing my family today. a whole lot. probably the most yet. sigh.






















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea! How many times did you get lost?!

I'm glad you guys had fun! Anytime you want to use my kitchen, just let me know!

Cool pictures!

Andrea said...

we only got lost a few times :) ok...maybe 5? but most were just us getting turned around or confused. nothing very major :)

Annie! you should visit! I know you don't know me very well, but it would still be fun :). email me your address and I'll send you some leaves!! (satisfiedjoy@safebrowse.com)

M. Perkins said...

Amazing pictures!