Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Roommate is the Coolest

The other night Hallie and I decided it was time to take some pictures. So we decided to not do our homework and go down to the Arb. for 20-30 minutes to see the beautiful colors and find enough leaves to make a pile...Unfortunately, there weren't many leaves on the ground (and they were kind of wet). We ended up taking pictures of ourselves. teehee. It was so much fun!! I love her!


We've been having so many wonderful chats lately...a few yesterday and then another one today at the Gathering :). We walked into town to got to the bank and post office (both were closed...bummer). So we went to this AMAZING old bookstore. It reminded me SO MUCH of the one in Funny Face! When we walked in the cutest cat came up to us...he just has is cat in there and it walks all around...so fun! I found these two beautiful old hymnals that I would LOVE to buy...but because they are so old (pretty much collector editions) they were 25-30 dollars. too bad I'm a poor college student who is spending way more than she should already...yikes. We went to the Gathering and did homework (aka talked) and had coffee. We decided to make it a weekly date. It is so much fun...plus exercise is good. :)
The walk into town was so wonderful. The weather was not that cold but it was nippy because of the brisk breeze...we wore scarves :) I have pictures but for some reason they won't load. Sad. The leaves are turning more and more...and gusts of wind would blow them across the road making the most beautiful scratchy/crunchy sound (hard to explain). Sometimes I feel guilty that I should get to experience such beauty alone...away from friends and family back home who don't get to experience fall (Mom, Hannah, Sarah...). I wish you could all come visit!
This weekend is parents weekend. I have discovered a few things...First, the food is SO MUCH BETTER for parents weekend. Second, Larry Arnn loves to say "give us money"...Third, its so fun to see parents and siblings around. Fourth, it kind of sucks to be among the few without parents and siblings around...alas.
Jared was over tonight and after he fixed a few things on Hallie's computer we asked him to look at our answering machine. It still won't pick up for calls out of hillsdale. weird. Jared is good at fixing a lot of things...unfortunately he wasn't able to fix the machine. But it is ok, everyone! I am going to buy a new one...that works! Because Donna's (just down the hall) accepts them, therefore it isn't the building. My mom wants it just as bad as I do...so she offered to buy it. I don't want her to but the poor college side of me says, "absolutely." Arg.
Allie has fall break next weekend and is coming to visit! Woohoo...So far I have quite a few things I want to do with her:
1. Jackson Parlous (yummo ice cream!!)
2. Cafe in Coldwater
3. The Gathering
4. Target (maybe?)
5. Outlet Malls! (we need warmer clothes!!)
6. Make dinner at Piko's appt. (real food!)
There will be more I'm sure...I haven't even mentioned some of these to you yet, Allie! hehe.
The weekend after Allie is here I am going home with Hallie for fall break! Yay! real food, real family, real home!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!
In other news...I have quite a bit of homework this week. But I am motivated to get it done on time and early so I can hang out with Allie and not be stressed or worried. I am going to start managing my time better...and reading my Bible more...and going to bed earlier. Please pray for me! I need lots of God's help!
I talked to my parents today for the first time in 10 days!! I miss them TONS. My dad just finished his biking of the grand canyon to our home...crazy! He has a fat lip because it got sunburned. And he said his butt hurts. Haha. I love him so much...he's the world's most amazing dad! I miss my family oh so much! Luke wouldn't talk to me long at all (punk!) but I talked to mom and dad for a while. God has blessed me with wonderful parents!
Ok...church tomorrow, I have to go to bed.
Oh, but P.S. I had a very encouraging talk with a friend tonight online about faith and what it means to be struggling spiritually and needing God a whole lot...among other things. It was a huge blessing...Hallie and I talk about these things, too. But other than that, there aren't very many "new" people I feel I can really talk to yet. I don't love it here yet. It's ok. I am realizing more and more that I am definitely still adjusting. I am thankful for so many things but it is sometimes easy to get discouraged or forget and think little of God's many blessing...please pray with me that I wouldn't. He is so evidently working in my life. It is exciting!
I love you all! Night!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea! You totally got that sweater from J.Crew! - Piko

Andrea said...

No...i got it at a thrift store back home :). Actually, kristen and I got it to share but now its mine. hehe

I wish I could afford such things from J Crew...i love their clothes. alas

Anonymous said...

So, it's not even a J.Crew sweater? Check the tags!

Man, my skills are slipping!