Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Pumpkin Carving

So today Hallie, Isaac, Jared, Chase, Andy, and I went to the Arb to carve pumpkins. It was Jared's idea and he bought the pumpkins. Chase brought crazy patterns...they are so hard core about their pumpkin carving. I always just did a triangle for the eyes, the nose, and then a smiley mouth with teeth showing. :) hehe. They did owls, faces, and andy did the headless horseman. crazy. Hallie and I were in charge of the de-gooing. my favorite part :)
It was a beautiful afternoon (but got a bit chilly in the shade). The trees in the Arb are all different colors...and the leaves are falling! There was this crazy muskrat or something in the pond that kept swimming across with grass in its mouth. All we saw was a moving tuft of grass. Pretty confusing at first...quite the sight.
It was a wonderful afternoon. But now I really must study. LOST comes on in two hours and I have 40 latin vocab words to learn by friday and a whole bunch of english reading. sigh.
YAY for Autumn. It is SO BEAUTIFUL! But i'm discovering already that as much as i like cold weather, I'm going to need more warm clothes. :)











4 comments:

Andrea said...

sorry :) i just love pictures!! :)

Anonymous said...

You should also love homework!

Anonymous said...

amazing pictures! i'm getting mine developed so they'll soon be posted....yay!

Andrea said...

Yay! I'm glad you were inspired, heather! I wish Kristen was inspired :( alas.

email me anytime...i'll try to help. I don't know much about doing pictures but i'll try :)