Saturday, November 05, 2005

O Love That Will Not Let Me Go

text: George Matheson
music: Chris Miner

1. O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer fuller be.

2. O Light, that follow’st all my way,
I yeild my flick’ring torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day,
May brighter, fairer be.

3. O Joy, that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

4. O Cross, that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red,
Life that shall endless be.

This is on Indelible Grace's self titled album. I like all of their songs but I am currently very much enjoying this one. I've been thinking a lot about the sovereignty of God...I am being continually brought back to the magnitude of who Christ is and what that means even just in daily life--how it does or should affect the way I live, etc.
I love the title and opening line: O Love that will not let me go. It's so beautiful and full of hope. I've been feeling really exhausted and incapable of a lot of things lately...being reminded of His love that will not let me go is wonderfully reassuring and incredibly renewing.
I have to go write a paper. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. 17 days until thanksgiving break! I am SOOOO excited. I can't wait to give and get hugs! hehee.

PS hymns are so rich

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I miss you too, sister! :)

See you in 16 days!!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, that is a beautiful thought. I am so glad to hear that God is moving in your heart. He is good and faithful. Never safe, but oh so good.