Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Rain On My Window!!!

Oh today is sooo beautiful! It has been raining all day. A soft, drizzly rain that is now turning into hard rain. It is cold and crisp and fresh and new. It makes me want to dance :)...but not just any kind of dance. The kind of dancing that Kristen and I did when we were little playing with dress up clothes. Dancing in a dress that twirls when you spin--that kind of dancing. So all of this made me think of Derek Webb's song about his grandma who loved to dance...and I decided to post the lyrics. It is such a beautiful song. I love it!! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DANCE
My name is Mary and I'm from Greenville, Mississippi
But this is where I live here in this old folks' dormitory
Every Sunday night Sarah comes to see us
And she plays that old upright
But Sarah always seems to leave us

When she plays something comes over me
Goes from my head all the way to my feet

And I wanna dance
I wanna snap my fingers all night long and dance
I wanna move around the room just like a woman in a trance
All night, I wanna dance
I wanna wrap my arms around your neck and dance
I wanna listen to the music that's been ringing in my ears
And one day I’m gonna dance my way right outta here

I had three girls and a boy but now one's gone up to Heaven
She's with her papa now 'cause he left for lack of penicillin
The older that I get I figure everyone is dying
They're all dying for a change
I know I'm dying for some action

But days like these Sunday seems so far away
So until then I'm gonna sit right here and here I’ll stay

I wanna dance
I wanna snap my fingers all night long and dance
I wanna move around the room just like a woman in a trance
All night, I wanna dance
I wanna wrap my arms around your neck and dance
I wanna listen to the music that's been ringing in my ears
And one day I’m gonna dance my way right outta here

I'd marry you, if you could dance, that's what I said
Cuz where I'm going they'll be dancing everyday
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So...In other news. I got a 92 on my huge latin exam the other day. That was a blessing! I studied for a long time for it too. I'm glad to see it pay off. However, I didn't do as well on my english exam last friday. oops. I'm not too distraught over it, though. alas. There's more to worry about than my crazy english test grade...and I now am reminded that i need to work a little harder next time (i slacked in english for a while...). At least i learned :)
Kristen and Jay arrive monday. Woohoo! I can't even explain how excited I am to spend 12 hrs in the car with them (and with Piko...if he comes!)! I get super giddy when I think about seeing my family next week :) My brother said he would give me a HUGE hug :) Aaaah! So exciting!!!!
I should go do homework now. I have quite a lot of english and history reading. It's a bummer because I get sleepy when I read. I've been taking naps a lot again. One sunday, yesterday and one today...i am a big fan of the nap :)
I'll talk to you all later!
-Andrea

P.S. Even thought I feel like the process of making friends is slow (and it is), I am really grateful for the girls I am getting to know. They're wonderful...God is blessing me with fun times and neat relationships. The opportunities are pretty much endless...which means the opportunities to serve Him and exemplify Him are endless also. It's a neat place to be. Please pray that I will take advantage of these opportunities and be stretched.




3 comments:

Andrea said...

you're weird

Andrea said...

yeah...i did quit. sorry. I just thought it was dumb and it wasted my time. It just wasn't worth it. so i deleted my account :(

I can't wait for christmas, allie! ack!! I miss you!

Sheri said...

Good times!! There are some beautiful people at Hillsdale, yay for God's uniqueness.